It is a common misconception that all digital marketing tactics can be applied successfully across all industries. That couldn’t be farther from the truth. Digital marketing in the gaming industry is one example of such a phenomenon.
The gaming industry is especially unique, and it will not tolerate what works for most other industries. In this episode, I was joined by Marcel Casella, a content writer and producer here at 1DA (and the podcast’s producer!) who has played numerous games and conducted a ton of research on the topic.
Key Insights into Digital Marketing in the Gaming Industry
- How many people play video games around the world and in the USA
- Projections of gaming industry growth
- The impact the gaming industry has on our economy
- What the gaming industry actually includes (popular consoles, mobile apps, computer games, and more)
- How marketing works in video games
- Who can benefit from marketing in games
- A basic definition of Roblox
- What gamers are buying while playing games (both virtual and tangible items)
- How healthy competition helps create successful marketing strategies
- How hardware in the gaming industry is leading to developments in technology
- The gaming industry is backward (the gamers are the real industry leaders)
- Why companies in the gaming industry cannot wait to release content
- Social networks that gamers frequent
- Why marketing strategies for other industries will not work for the gaming industry
Digital marketing in the gaming industry can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be so painstaking. Here at 1Digital Agency®, we pride ourselves on knowing the gaming industry backward and forwards! We are happy to help you achieve success in this competitive industry. Call us today to find out more at 888-982-8269!
- Matt Lovett
- April 8, 2022